We will try to explain in the following lines what are cookies and what cookies we use to ensure that the visitor has the best possible experience. If you have any questions, please, do not hesitate to contact us by using our contact form.
What is a cookie?
A cookie, also called as "internet cookie", "browser cookie” or "http cookie", is a small file of letters and numbers.
Cookies are created and stored on laptop, PC, tablet or other devices with browser, when you access a specific site, and the browser (Firefox, Chrome, etc) sends an access request to the hosting server. The cookies are passive and do not contain programmes, viruses or malicious software.
Cookies have two important characteristics: the name and the value. Each cookie has an expiring date; therefore, the lifetime of a cookie is determined. It is important to mention that the cookie can be accessed again when visiting the site, if it was not already cleared.
Cookies do not log any personal information about a user and cannot show your personal identity on the internet. Cookies are usually used to monitor the traffic of a site, or to monitor login sessions from a user on the site.
Types of cookies
There are several types of cookies:
- Preferences – these cookies allow websites to remember your preferences. For instance, cookies can remember your preferred language, can show you the weather forecast according to your region, the size of the font, colours etc. Loss of the information stored in a preference cookie can lead to a negative experience with the website.
- Security – these cookies are used to authenticate users and prevent fraudulent use of login credentials. A lot of important websites use these cookies to detect account authentications that were not made by you and can prevent the attempt to steal the account, or to alert you by email in time that there was a suspicious authentication to your account. These cookies also prevent the attempt to steal the content of forms that you complete on web pages.
- Processes – these cookies help make the functions of the website work, for instance, to load multiple images, or to open specific web files directly online. Blocking these cookies would prevent the site to operate properly for the user that blocked them.
- Session state – most of the websites often use these cookies to collect information about how users interact with the website. This may contain the following data: what pages were visited, how much time the user spent on the website etc. Also, these cookies can be used to monitor advertising campaigns, to check the number of clicks registered on specific links and other advertising tools.
- Third party - these cookies are written on to your device by a different website than the site you are actually visiting. For example, to serve efficient advertising.
Analysis and monitoring cookies used by Soccerkeep.com
The Soccerkeep.com website uses Google Analytics to carry out the traffic monitoring. This service creates two cookies: _ga and _ gat.
- _ga – by using this cookie, Google Analytics distinguishes unique users, by memorizing a unique number for the identification of the user (Client ID). This number is generated automatically and stored in a cookie. This cookie is used for each visit of the website and helps Google Analytics to monitor the traffic.
- _gat – is the second cookie used by Google Analytics for the traffic monitoring process, which together with _ga cookie, stores random numbers to help Google Analytics service to offer us traffic data for the Soccerkeep.com website.
By using Google Analytics service, we have access to the following information:
- The type of browser that was used to access the site
- The name of the internet service provider (ISP)
- Location: country and county
- The pages that were accessed
- The time spent on a specific page or on the website
All these are used to improve performance and enhance the user experience for those who visit our website.
Session cookies used by Soccerkeep.com
The Soccerkeep.com website uses the following session cookies:
- cisession - it is a cookie used to collect information about the user.
- v3-soccerssion - it is a cookie where the session is stored. Session variables store user information to be used across multiple pages (username, favorite color etc.). Session variables last until the user closes the browser.
Blocking and disabling cookies
By blocking and disabling cookies we cannot guarantee the same experience with the SOCCERKEEP.COM website as if you do allow cookies. If, for any reasons, you would like to block or disable cookies, you can use the following resources, depending on the browser you use: